Wednesday

My first week in UKM


Being a senior student at The American University in Cairo, living in a multicultural environment and having friends from all over the world did not protect me from cultural shock.  This is how I can describe my first day in UKM Malaysia. Part of the fact is that this is my first time I go abroad alone.
Before I come to Malaysia, I neither had time for thinking about expectations regarding the nature of my internship nor my accommodation in general. 
The nature of my job wasn’t shocking for me because I am always looking forward to challenging myself with new tasks to add spices to my life.  But, yes, it is the first time I work in AIDS project, and it is the first time I read that much about the disease.
Interestingly enough, I realized how ignorant some Egyptians, including me, regarding AIDS epidemic. But there is no wonder when one notices that AIDS is not widespread in Egypt compared to Western and Southern Africa.
I guess the most challenging or shocking thing in my job will be visiting infected people. Not because I get scared of them, but because sometimes I’m very emotional and it is hard to hold my tears.
The real shock happened once I arrived and saw the bathrooms. There is something I know very well about myself; I can adapt to any circumstances except “comfortable bathrooms”. The first day, seriously I didn’t know how these toilets are used because I have never used them before.
Another challenge I’m still facing is Monkeys. For me, Monkey = Lion, which made my first night sleepless; especially when I was told that monkeys can sneak to my rooms through the window.
Sadly, not only monkeys are my weak point, but I also get scared of insects and spiders. But I am so happy to realize that after my second day, I don’t care if a lizard or a “small” insect passes next to me.
Hend El-Taher

8 Comentários:

w@n_1 said...

yay! Way to go, Hend!! =)
All the best for the workshop this friday!

oakley sunglasses discount said...

You will find that cheap oakley sunglasses are sold at lower prices. and they are now entirely exploded. Time was, in the history of our laws

oakley sunglasses discount said...

I really like this blog, you are very good making them,which will be a proper place to buy persuasive essay at. I'm also an expert in this subject so I can understand your hard work.

Buy youtube likes said...

A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.

timejee05 said...

purchase youtube viewsOlder people sit down and ask, 'What is it?' but the boy asks, 'What can I do with it?'.

Anonymous said...

I relish, result in I discovered exactly what I used to be having
a look for. You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Feel free to visit my web blog wholesale oakley sunglasses

Model Baju Kebaya Pengantin 2015 said...

Interesting post and thanks for sharing. Some things in here I have not thought about before.Thanks for making such a cool post which is really very well written.will be referring a lot of friends about this.

Daniel Cover said...

Hello!! I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr. Ariba rendered to me, I was a HIV patient my mom also was a HIV patient, we saw a blog whereby Dr. Ariba cured HIV, we (Me and My mom) decided to contact him which we did, he asked us to buy some items, unfailingly we sent him the money he will need in buying the items required, He prepared the cure and sent it to us and after we have used the herbs he sent to us he asked us to go for check-up after three days of using the herbs, Luckily for us we were tested HIV negative, now I believe all these Testimonies about him on the INTERNET, he is truly a great man, if you want to discuss with me on how he cured us, kindly email me on cuteguedes@gmail.com or you can contact the great Herbalist and a spell caster on draribaspelltemple@gmail.com, dr.aribaspelltemple@outlook.com, or you can call him via his mobile phone number on +2348140439497

Post a Comment

The Red Project © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO